THE BELMONT CENTENNIAL HISTORY BOOK (1889 - 1989) The Path Of The Pioneers is available from The Municipal Office priced at $25.00 and contains many family histories.
The Homecoming Addendum (1999) is also available at $20.00
Mailing Costs are currently $15.00-$20.00
WHILE STOCKS LAST
Historical / Genealogical Additions are welcome ~ Please contact the Municipal Office for inclusion on this site. (204) 537-2241
Note: The R.M.of Strathcona reserves the right to refuse any literary article, for any reason.
The Hillside Cemetery Records are held at the R. M. of Strathcona Municipal Office (204) 537-2241
The Hilton Cemetery Records are maintained by Brenda Duncan (204) 537-2435
The R.M. of Strathcona includes Range 15 and 16, part of Townships 3 and 4 north of Pelican Lake and the Pembina River, and all of Townships 5 and 6, and comprised of two wards..
Belmont, at its inception, was originally part of the R.M. of Argyle, which included the area now known as Strathcona. About 1905 a modern hotel was in the process of being built in Belmont, when the Municipality of Argyle enforced a prohibition by-law, thereby denying a liquor licence to be granted. The people of this area petitioned to form their own municipality. On March 16, 1906 the Provincial Government of Manitoba divided Argyle, forming the new municipality of Strathcona with its headquarters in Belmont.
THE BELMONT & DISTRICT HISTORICAL SOCIETY WELCOME NEW MEMBERS - DONATIONS ARE ALSO GRATEFULLY RECEIVED TO MAINTAIN THE ARTIFACTS AND PRESERVE THE PAST FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS